The aim of our Parent Teacher Association is to foster better relationships between parents and Teachers of our school.
The Pioneers Academy’s PTA creates a partnership, which helps the school listen to and deal with parent’s concerns. It also allows an opportunity for parents to learn more about the school and how to improve their children’s education. The PTA may not necessarily represent the views of all parents but is an excellent forum for communication and a basis for partnership between Parents and the School In Shaa Allah.
The PTA is a very good way to bring together parents, teachers and others to raise money and to support the school. It provides an opportunity for everyone to work together towards a common goal. All parents and teachers can get involved even if they only have a small amount of time available.
What does PTA do?
PTA activities vary from school to school. The wider the range, the more opportunities will be available for our children. Some of what we hope for our PTA to do is listed below:
- Act as an advisory role to the School.
- Organise meetings to inform parents about education issues, especially when changes are likely to take place.
- Act as a medium to address parental and school concerns and make suggestions.
- Act as a forum to discuss major school changes.
- Organise fundraising events.
- Run social events for parents and children.
- Provide support for school trips, outings and other special events.
- Run and partake in after-school clubs.
Although the PTA is a separate body, they must inform and liaise all activities and meetings with the Head Teacher, in order to allow the smooth running and coordination of activities.